Third Avenue PlayWorks is currently accepting applications for:
Third Avenue PlayWorks (TAP) seeks a managing director to join the leadership team of the theatre based in beautiful Door County, WI. TAP has a history of producing intimate, thought-provoking plays and musicals. It is widely recognized as a leading voice, collaborator, and contributor within a vibrant community set in a beautiful natural environment. The person who fills this position will be able to build on this solid foundation while broadening the reach of the organization.
The Managing Director will work in a co-leadership relationship with the Artistic Director, with both positions reporting to and working collaboratively with the Board. Primary responsibilities of the Managing Director include the execution and further development of the strategic vision and goals to ensure long-term sustainability and growth. The Managing Director has direct oversight of all fundraising and development activities, budgeting, financial, culture, human resources, earned revenues, marketing and overall facilities management. Collaboration and communication will be key to the success of this role.
- A degree in arts administration or the equivalent in relevant experience and education
- Experience with budget preparation, management, and financial best practices
- Excellent communication, community building, analytical, and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of and a passion for fundraising, event planning and execution
- Knowledge of theatre or arts marketing and public relations
- Commitment to community outreach and engagement
- MFA in arts leadership or administration
- Knowledge of Wisconsin arts community
- Experience with Quickbooks, NeonCRM, or Arts People
- Demonstrated success in development and marketing
Please send cover letter and resume to the TAP Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferred Start Date