Join Our Team of Volunteers!
Volunteers are an essential part of TAP. From help putting on shows to keeping our facilities running smoothly we depend on volunteers to help us accomplish our mission. The bonus is you can make new friends, have a lot of fun and see some great theatre!
We have volunteer opportunities for many interests and talents! See below for all that we have to offer. Support the arts while being a part of creating the art!
Click on the show below to sign up for ushering or working concessions. Volunteers get to see the show for free!
- Building/Installing Sets – TAP is building large and more interesting sets by the show! Work with Technical Director Alex Polzin to build, paint and install these sets. Get a chance to see how it works before the show!
- Transportation – Designers and actors can arrive at or depart from Milwaukee or Green Bay, but still need to get to Sturgeon Bay. You can drive them here, give them local insider info and get to know an artist.
- Housing – TAP hires designers and actors from throughout the county and has limited access to company housing. Housing opportunities can last from 10 days to 7 weeks.
- Meals – Individuals and businesses might provide a meal for the company during the first week of rehearsal or tech week. Enjoy sharing a meal and getting to know the company!
- Mailings – From time to time, we have small mailings that may require folding, sealing, labeling, stamping, and/or stuffing envelopes.
- Marketing Support – These volunteers are responsible for the distribution of brochures and posters throughout their community. They assist the marketing department in maintaining an accurate list of locations.
TAP Building Beautification
- Refresh and restock TAP!
Ushering – Each show requires two ushers. Ushers arrive one hour prior to the show, and also get to see the performance. Tasks are as follows:
- Check for debris in the theater prior to show
- Place program inserts in playbills
- Greet patrons as they arrive in the lobby, answering their questions, letting them know about any special things going on that night
- Check tickets and showing patrons to the correct row and the correct seat(s)
- Collect donations and/or collecting playbills from those who wish to turn them back in
- Check returned playbills for re-use and put them back in boxes
Concessions – Each show requires two concessions workers, arriving one hour prior to the show. These tasks are prior to the show and during intermission (if the show has one). Volunteers also get to see the performance. Tasks are as follows:
- Check and replenish stock if needed
- Fill out cash box tracking sheet
- Wait on patrons for pre-show and intermission sales. We take cash and will have a Square available for credit/debit card sales. There would be complete training to use the Square and someone on site in case a problem arose
- clean out coffee machine and tidy up workspace after intermission
- Count cash box and fill out cash tracking sheet, return cash box to Box Office